Tuesday, August 9, 2011

To Sum Up June...


Olivia finished up reading camp. Look how much she learned.

One of the ways that Olivia was encouraged to be confident in how good she is at reading was to show her how many words she has learned.

She was SO SO VERY sad to end reading camp. She had so much fun and loved her reading camp teacher so much. She just cried and cried that she would never see her again. Olivia has never reacted like this so it was hard on both of us. But I was able to get her email and we have since had a reading play date set up at our local library.


Dylan got pneumonia (an infection in his lungs) and was on breathing treatments and antibotics. To make things more fun Ashlyn got ear infections and was on the same antibiotic. I couldn't believe that in the middle of the summer we had winter type sicknesses to get through.


Olivia started getting two adult teeth come in behind her baby teeth in September of last year and it wasn't until now 9 months later she lost her first baby tooth! It happened! She was so thrilled! For 9 months she has waited to get a visit from the tooth fairy.

She even wrote a note to the tooth fairy:

"Tooth fairy, I am so very happy that I have lost a tooth. It's in my tooth box so pick it out of my tooth box. I beat you will like the soft pillow cushion in my tooth box. Love, Olivia"

The tooth fairy left behind $2 in quarters. Olivia spent it on candy to start with and then used it on games at Pizza Street. Olivia was so excited to just get money it didn't occur to count it so when people asked her how much money she got she just said a lot of quarters. When she spent her money she said..."I wonder how much money that tooth fairy will give me for my next tooth." (let's just say $2 was the first tooth rate)



0 comments: