Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of Preschool


Tuesday, August 9th was Dylan's first day of preschool. He was SO SO ready since sister got to start the day before him. He got his Father's blessing for his school year from Daddy the night before at Family Home Evening. Dylan goes to afternoon preschool two days a week. I know he would love to go more but it's so expensive. Things I hope to gain from his preschool experience is a knowledge of how to function in a classroom setting and respect and play nicely with those in his class. He is such a smart boy and as he LOVES to learn along side Olivia. He has been amazing me since he was a toddler. I just hope that he enjoys going into a classroom environment. I know Mommy worries too much.


Olivia was so excited for brother.



Walked right in and told me I could go. I informed him that I got to stick around for the first 45 minutes and then I would leave and come back for him. He LOVES that he gets dropped off and picked up in circle drive like Olivia.


He walked right in and saw the train set on the carpet. He was in HEAVEN! He built a track and was so happy. For about the last 5 minutes he started to explore other centers in the room but quickly went back to the track. Naturally when it was time to clean up he didn't want to but I got him to listen to his teacher and they gathered around for singing time.



Time for parents to leave the room. Dylan asked for his favorite color yellow bean bag and was happily singing when I left. He had no idea I was leaving. He was having too much fun.

When I picked him up he looked EXHAUSTED and grumpy. He was sad he didn't get his book read to him. When I spoke to his teachers they said he had a great day and that he quickly involves himself again if something happens that throws him off a little.

Something I found interesting is that Dylan has an extra student teacher helping in his classroom making it three teachers in the room. He also has a small class of only 9 kids with 6 being boys. He found another little boy in his class that loves Mario as much as he does and he admires all of Dylan's shirts and his back pack. Dylan likes that he can talk to someone about his obsession.

0 comments: