Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apple Pie


The kids were excited to help me make an apple pie tonight. The kids LOVE this spiral apple peeler/cutter that my Mom and Dad got me. So cutting apples is GREAT fun for the kids. Dylan was so excited he got into the frig and got out every apple we had in there. He even tasted 3 before I realized he was switching between apples. Little stinker, so I took his picture. We even had apples with our dinner.



After prepping the apples we took a break for dinner in which both kids spilled their water on themselves - note no shirts for the second round of making the pie crust.



Olivia was very excited about using a cookie cutter on the pie crust and making a shape to make our pie very pretty. She made a star. It was fun that the kids where so involved in this pie. Looking forward to enjoying it!!!

We even had so many apples I had to save some and I'm thinking apple cobbler next...

1 comments:

Stuff You Need To Know said...

Anything apples sounds delicious! Our friend Carol makes a yummy apple dish. She peels and slices some golden delicious apples, puts them in a pot along with a cup or two of raisins or craisins a bit of honey and some water, cooks it until the apples are tender... not mushy. Makes a great healthy treat. Of course, it's best served warm, maybe with a scoop of ice cream. I haven't tried that yet. But it kind of defeats the healthy claim, huh.