Sunday, September 25, 2011

Apple Orchard Field Trip


Olivia was THRILLED Mommy was a parent volunteer for her first 1st grade field trip!! I had four kids in my group that were my responsibility to keep track of and yes two of them made it very difficult but there were no troubles. Olivia was VERY concerned the night before that they wouldn't have anything for her to put her apples in so she came prepared with her bag just in case. Now they ultimately did have bags for the kids but she happily used the bag she brought!


After picking and taking a tour of the farm they went into the sorting room and refrigerator. Then they learned all about bees and how they create a queen, the role of boy and girl bees, and how they prepare to make it through the winter. It was all FASCINATING to me and very entertaining to the kids. I bought some honey while I was there. I love this farm's fresh honey!! Then the kids got to play on their play equipment to burn off any extra energy they had before getting on the bus again.



It's a big class!

I got to ride on the bus with the kids. It is kind of a long trip out to the farm and the road is very narrow with LOTS of curves. Needless to say I had a hard time on the way down so I sat in the front of the bus on the way back and that made it much better. It's been a long time since I've been on a bus. It just made the experience that much more memorable.

0 comments: