Friday, June 29, 2012

Zoo

 The kids have been excited to go to the zoo this summer. I had to find a day open enough to get to the zoo early and then I had to find the day of the week that wasn't 100 degrees. The kids have their favorites so we made those our priority. Enjoy some pics of our day!
 Dylan decided to be nervous about the carousel today where the girls were on animals and all smiles. This is the exact opposite of how it usually is.



 Children's area has water so we came prepared. This is as close as Ashlyn got and this lasted long enough for me to snap this picture.
 The other two ran around for quite some time. Dylan was getting cold since this area was in the shade. Ashlyn eventually settled for a puddle since she didn't want to brave the random shooting water.

 Ashlyn was freaked out by this hippo even though she saw big sister sitting in it and not getting eaten. I do recall a time when Olivia wouldn't have sat in here but she did this visit and she is so cute!!

Here is the hippo exhibit and we got to see the hippos moving around. Ashlyn was so scared when the hippo came toward her so I'm holding her while I take the other twos picture.

 Seeing the baby elephant!

 Riding the train to get to the other side of the zoo.
Like I said we spent some time at each of the kids favorites and then called it a day. We left at 2 o'clock and the van said it was 97 degrees as I pulled away. Let's just say Momma needed a shower and a nap but it was all worth it to spend the day at the zoo with the kids.

0 comments: