To start June off Olivia started reading camp. Her tutor this year is Mrs. Bopp. They are working well together and Olivia is trying so many more books and words now! We have started the library district's summer reading program and the kids are reading reading reading. Dylan is reading your basic simple sentence books and Olivia is moving on to more your picture book format.
We were trying to take a picture of Ashlyn sleeping but by the time the camera took the picture she knew we were all standing there.
A quick day trip to Grammy Lee's house.
Ashlyn's version of a smile was too too funny.
Watching a movie in the smallest laundry basket he could find.
For Dylan's birthday we are getting him a big boy twin size bed. I thought it would be easy to find Star Wars bedding but there actually isn't much to choose from and I wasn't really liking the choices. So today I headed to JoAnn's Fabric to see what options they had. Let's just say Dylan picked out this material and now has a Star Wars pillowcase. More bedding will get made this week to complete his new big boy bed.
Dylan was literally so happy when he realized that I was going to make him a Star Wars pillowcase out of this material he had tears in his eyes as he was saying "Thank you Thank you, Mommy" and giving me hugs.
Then we couldn't get home fast enough. The laundry couldn't wash the material fast enough and then as I sewed he looked over my shoulder every few minutes. Then after about 30 minutes of working with the material it was done and Dylan was jumping around with his new pillowcase. He was laughing and snuggling it and telling me how awesome I was and Thank you Thank you.
Olivia was all over the sewing supplies too.
I teased him for a bit that he shouldn't get his pillowcase yet since his birthday isn't for one more week but really who could not give this sweet boy his pillowcase?!?! He is so appreciative and happy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment