Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Magic House

 This was the last day of reading camp so it was potentially a very sad day for Olivia as she would need to say goodbye to Mrs. Bopp. I was able to help with the sadness by having her look forward to going to the Magic House. 
We LOVE this place and it's always been a favorite place for the kids to go. 
One of the first favorite is the learning center.
Ashlyn was in love with the fact that Mom wasn't taking scissors away from her so she spent quite a bit of time here. When I asked the workers if it was okay that my baby was cutting their table paper they said sure it's the Magic House the kids get to do what they want.

 He used magnetic sticks to make a gun. Of course. 
Very next picture the gun broke. 
Time to move on.

 Ashlyn loves these magnectic blocks and these screws!
A lady near by talked to me for a bit after observing Ashlyn playing. She said she was a nanny and that she was so impressed with how focused and scientific Ashlyn was being at manipulating the blocks. 

The only other pictures I really loved from our time playing was that outside each year they do a big sand castle/sand play area. This is the first year that we seem to have hit the Magic House during this time. So even though it was a HOT day I had to get the kids into the sand.
 Ashlyn got set down in the sand and she did not like it. 
She begged me to just pick her back up.

 Dylan and Olivia were having a great time!!
They kept some of the sand wet so that it wasn't too hot to play in so the wet sand and the shade is where we hung out at.

 Here the sprinkler has created a pooling of water so Dylan was digging a canal to allow the water to form a river. Olivia was coming over and taking scoops of wet sand to make mud balls and bury or form up mounds with.

 Then at one point Olivia was digging in the wet sand with her hands to make the water follow her.
 Mommy took pity on Ashlyn and picked her up. We watched the other two play from our shady location.



 Mommy decided that the only way I was going to get Ashlyn to walk through the wet sand was to do it too so here I'm walking with her around.
This is what she thought of it.

 To try to get some more sensory play in for her I encouraged her to use a rake we found.
 That didn't last long. She was done.

Where's my feet?

I know these are a lot of pictures of my kids playing in the sand but seriously for my city kids with sensory issues this was AWESOME for them! Plus the fact that I think my kids are completely adorable and I take lots of pictures means you have lots of pictures to see.

1 comments:

Stuff You Need To Know said...

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! I take it Ashlyn didn't think too highly of the sand, eh? Rather unimpressed? Thanks for sharing. I needed the laugh!