Doesn't Dylan look sharp in his suit jacket?
I thought he was so handsome!
I also love his head band. It reads "I Can Be Honest". He wore it for most of the day.
Dylan's preschool pictures came in. We don't order very many because they cost a lot but we'll be sure to get more when he starts kindergarten.
Ashlyn has gone to full time walking. She started yesterday evening just standing up and taking off. She would lose her balance several times but she would stand back up and keep going. She was walking down the hallway and all over. By today she has been ALL OVER. When I took the kids to the library today I let Ashlyn get out of the stroller to play with their blocks. She was LOVING her new freedom and ability to quickly get around and she was completely charming everyone in the library. I thought that with Ashley's personality that she'd just stay right with me. OH NO!!! She was walking away and I was struggling to keep track of her. If I wasn't paying attention she'd be halfway across the library. Then when I was checking out our stuff she was just walking out the door. Between Olivia, Dylan, and myself we did our best to keep her rounded up.
Olivia and Dylan are taking piano lessons. Olivia started in September through a piano teacher named Miss Dusty. She will have a recital in May. Dylan was so excited to learn too that I have started to teach him. They are both learning so quickly that I am amazed!! We will probably start Dylan with Miss Dusty soon too but for now I'm loving that he'll let me teach him. Olivia also really likes to teach Dylan too. Dylan is usually the one reminding me that he wants his piano lesson for the day and sometimes he wants more then one in a day.
Olivia is really growing as a reader. He favorite books to read or Biscuit books and Dr. Seuss. She likes us to read her chapter books like Tinkerbell, Butterfly Meadow, and Magic School Bus.
Dylan has mastered Mario Kart Wii's 100 (medium difficulty) races and is now on the 150 (hardest difficulty). He is amazingly good. I have to remind myself he's only four and doing what most adults can't do. He has his father's gaming ability and spirit. Sometimes I like to remind Tom that it's all his fault.
I know I started this a while ago but I'll mention it here. In August we switched over to cloth diapers. It has been completely worth it financially and it didn't take long to get into a routine of things.
Also new in September we have been using raw milk. This has been in an effort to find a healthier and less reactive alternative for the family but most specifically Ashlyn. My parents have been using it for several year and would usually send us home with some or bring us some so it's something that I've been exposed to for a while now. Dylan calls it Grammy Lee's fresh milk and will constant ask if Papa is gone to get some of Grammy Lee's fresh milk. It has been quite the hit for awhile with my kids.
Those are just a couple of things I wanted to journal/blog so that I'll have a record of them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment