Saturday I rushed the kids off to see Santa so that they could ask Santa for what they wanted this year. Completely just wanting to get the issue done and final so that I could focus on getting the task accomplished. The kids were THRILLED because they were anxious to see him.
They were a little sad that we weren't going to the preschool to see him as in years past but I told the kids Santa had a different schedule this year and he was a busy man so we needed to talk to him when we could.
We decided to try the Bass Pro's Santa Land and we were VERY impressed.
Everything was FREE and there were games, activities, crafts, a picture with Santa. Plus the Santa was so believable the kids walked up to him and said "Are you the real Santa" with these looks of wonder because he really did look like the real Santa.
But I'm getting ahead of myself. To start off we stuck our injured Daddy in line to wait while we did their craft and played.
It wasn't long before Tom called us all over to wait our turn. While the kids were waiting in the line I asked them if they were going to tell Santa if they had been naughty or nice. They both said "I don't know." Then Olivia said "Dylan will have to say naughty because he threw a fit playing Mario Kart Wii and threw the remote down." Then she went on to say that she tries to be nice but it's hard. I then told the kids why don't they tell Santa that they "TRY" to be good.
The kids came prepared with pictures of what they wanted and Olivia wrote him a note.
My only complaint about Santa is that he didn't really ask the kids any questions. He just listened to what the kids choose to tell him and if they required a response to that then he would answer. But as a result the kids got out of the experience exactly what they wanted because it was everything they chose to talk to him about.
I was worried about Ashlyn going to Santa but Dylan is actually the one who was nervous about taking those last few steps to Santa. Once he started to talk to Santa he warmed up and stood in front. Olivia was already up to Santa so I don't know for sure what she had to say but she happily took her place. Then after I got Dylan happy I set Ashlyn on his other knee and got out of the shot. They took a really cute picture I thought!
Then the kids got busy telling Santa what they wanted and showing him a picture of it. Olivia then proceeded to ask Santa if he could make it red. He said he would see what he could do.
Olivia asked for a lap desk so she can art and do her homework.
Dylan asked for a race track.
Ashlyn didn't say anything and since Olivia and Dylan didn't care that Ashlyn hadn't asked for anything I didn't press the issue. She just waved to Santa and went on.
We weren't done exploring their activities so first off we had to play with their electric train.
Second on the agenda was their carousel!!
Once those were accomplished the kids did their duck bow hunting and electric race cars.
At this point we had done what was interesting to the kids and we needed to get Daddy off of his foot.
I really thought the picture of the kids came out nice so I have to share a close up of the kids.
Happy Holidays from our family to yours!
0 comments:
Post a Comment