Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Celebration at Preschool



They wanted Moms to come for the last hour of school but I decided to take advantage of the day and volunteered for the whole day. I was able to lead a couple of class room activities and then just help here and there.

Olivia was so excited to have me at school!!


At recess she amazed me...she kept climbing on top of things she never would have even attempted the last time I visited her school in March.


We did several activities together including play dough, making a beaded bracelet, and coloring a picture of "Mommy and I like to...."


Olivia sounded out and wrote "PLAY GAMES".


Here she drew a picture of us taking a walk together.

Here they sat down on the carpet to sing us some songs.

We also went into the gym for snack and to watch a slide show of our kids at school. Ms. Julie is really good at taking pictures and emailing the parents to keep us updated.

I got a few presents from Olivia while we were at school.

She finished the statement "My mom is the best mom because she..." and Olivia said "always does kisses and hugs" and then she drew me a picture!
After this activity Olivia asked me if I knew why she said "you're the best for giving hugs and kisses"...and then she said "because I love the hugs and kisses!"

Then she was asked a series of questions and here are her answers:
My mommy has blonde hair and blue eyes.
She is 17 years old.
She cooks the best peanut butter sandwich.
I love it when she reads me Dora Saves Crystal Kingdom.
My favorite game to play with her is Chutes and Ladders.
My mommy's favorite thing to do is take care of us.
AND then drew me another picture!

Then I got a bag that had a flower pot Olivia had painted and decorated with buttons. Also, in the bag was a packet of Alyssum "carpet of snow" so we are crossing our fingers they grow!!




0 comments: