Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Primary Activity

Okay so here's my story about losing my baby boy! We had a large Primary Easter activity at the church. I'm in charge and I was stationed in the craft room. At one point I realize that Tom, Olivia, and I were in the craft room but Dylan wasn't. Where is Dylan? Who knows where Dylan is?? So I send Tom looking. Shortly there after Tom comes in with Dylan. He was found outside with the Easter egg hunting group. (Outside!! Yikes!! But at least people knew where he was.) Then activity over we are cleaning up. Again I go back into the craft room to clean up. Tom walks in and says do you know where Dylan is?? No, go find him. So I'm cleaning up thinking all is well. I walk into the hallway and can see out the doors that Tom is outside looking around. Then it hits me - Tom is still looking for Dylan - Tom is looking outside for Dylan - PANIC!!! So I leave Olivia in the care of another Mom in the building and I start yelling Dylan's name as I walk through the building, outside the building, and back in. By the time I make it back inside the building still calling his name I hear the wonderful words "We found him"!! TEARS/RELIEF!! I was so shaken. And where was Dylan??? He was in the clerk's office playing on a computer just as happy as can be. He knows where all the computers are in our church building. An eight year old boy present said it best - "you were scared sick weren't you?" - yes I was.

0 comments: