Monday, March 28, 2011

Check Up Monday


Little Ashley is doing really well.
I wanted to update after taking her to her first doctors check up. When I got her dressed this morning I saw a dramatic difference as her spots have faded and her body is less swollen. Her tests show her kidneys are still functioning well so all things assessed things look really encouraging. If nothing new pops up she will go in again in two weeks for another check up. Such amazing news because she could be so much more miserable then she is. She's active, she's smiling, she's talking to us, and we feel so blessed. Thank you for all of your prayers, love, and support. We feel boosted up and I know that Ashlyn is being strengthened.

I forgot to tell about how the whole doctors office came to have a look at the "spotted" baby. Since HSP is so rare every nurse, doctor, and intern resident wanted to took a look at a baby with HSP. She was getting a lot of attention. She was being held so I think she felt secure.

When I first got there and laid her on the table I could see in her eyes that she was frightened. She looked at the nurse and then looked at me like "OH NO MAMA". But she was very brave and didn't cry and it was very quick to have her checked out.

0 comments: