* I bonded with Ashlyn in the hospital over Gilmore Girls. At 1 to 3 AM I introduced her to Season One of Gilmore Girls and she loves it. She cuddles with me and so LOVES the intro song.
*Olivia and I had our first shopping trip at the mall together and had so much fun. I loved all the stuff she picked out and she of course got totally spoiled. One of our last stops was the shoe store and I asked her if the new shoes hurt her feet and she told me "she didn't know because her feet just did hurt from all the walking". Good times. Good times.
*Dylan loves yellow right now. He got a yellow kick ball and he LOVES to play outside kicking, throwing, and running with me. I love my boy.
*Dylan loves to pretend about Peter Pan and really likes to play pirate and Caption Hook. Last night he comes out of this room crying for his Daddy and all he says is scared of Caption Hook. Poor kid maybe Captain Hook was trying to steal him out of his room last night.
*When Tom was putting Olivia to bed she told him she was scared of things under her bed. He of course assured her that she didn't need to be scared and that she could ask Heavenly Father to help her not be scared. She asked her Daddy for a Father's Blessing and it was precious!
*Olivia had a lesson in Primary on repentance and they taught her about how stealing was something you need to repent about and she came home and told me she had something to show me. She brought out a box and said she had something in there that she didn't want me to see. I'm of course totally freaking out and she opens it and she showed me a size tag off of a hanger from Kohls. It was a size 12 tag. She said she was so sorry but she saw this tag on the floor and she really wanted it and she was afraid I would say no so she put it in her pocket and then brought it home and hid it so I wouldn't know. She was very sorry and wanted to tell Kohls' store manager and what she had done and that she was sorry. She wrote them a note and everything. Of course the next time we went to Kohls I totally fought to bring the tag and note with us. I tried to tell her that the size tags are something that they do give you but I also thought that if she took it in secret then it was more the intent that I did want her to be sorry for so I let her handle it the way it would help her to feel better about.
*In the hospital Dylan called Ashlyn's bed the "feel better bed".
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Things I Want to Remember...
Posted by us in a nut shell at 10:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My brother once inadvertently stole a small piece of candy from the bulk candy bins at a local grocery store. My mom found out about it after we left the store and she made him go back into the store, return it and apologize to the manager. And this was just last year! LOL! Just kidding, that did happen though. I think he was too young to realize what he had done. We laugh about it now because I'm sure he watched my mom "taste test" grapes all the time so he figured a little piece is ok to take. I think that's cute what Olivia did though.
Olivia is such a sweetheart! I LOVE Gilmore Girls--it's so sweet that you two bonded over it. I have season 1 if you'd like to borrow it...
So sweet! I need to do a list like this!
Post a Comment