Monday, January 10, 2011

Our Last Week...


Tom's basketball season has started up.
They lost a heart breaker in overtime to start off the season.
Hopefully the season will go up from here!



The kids were so excited to go cheer Daddy on!!



Dylan is all about TRAINS since Christmas. Surprise! Surprise! Every day as soon as he wakes up he wants to build his track and begs me to help him connect it all. AND yes this is the exact spot he goes to build his track each day - right in the middle of the walkway from living room to kitchen to hallway!!

Also, he has been loving Primary. The first week he learned about Choosing the Right verses Choosing the Wrong and he talks a lot about what decisions are choosing the right and which are choosing the wrong. Then this last week he has come home singing "Do As I'm Doing" over and over again and of course in the loudest most excited voice he has.


We took the kids to a free showing of Tangled at our local theater. The kids were so excited!!!! Olivia was captivated the whole time. Dylan was a little nervous at some parts but then he got very upset when his feet got stuck in the back of the theater chair. That started a 10 to 15 minutes crying spell in which he begged to go home. We got him calmed down and he happily finished out the movie. Ashlyn was completely amazed as the movie started and was so cute watching but that quickly ended and she fussed off and on. I had to feed her twice and with a short nap in there she made it through. We all liked the movie very well. When I asked Olivia if she liked it she said "I want to have the movie someday!" I'd highly recommend it. I thought it was well done. Olivia was so excited she announced to everyone who would listen to her throughout the rest of the day that she had seen it in the theater and loved it. It was darling to see her excitement! She also told me all throughout the day that she'd remember that I was her Mommy if anyone tried to take her away because I'm the best Mommy. Precious!




Olivia's BIG excitement is her birthday coming up. She announces to anyone who will listen that her birthday is coming up and she'll be six. She has drawn me a picture of the birthday cake she wants. She has made place setting cards for her guests to her birthday party. We have made homemade birthday invitations. It has been serious planning and execution and it's all being directed by Olivia. It's cute and precious and also a little overwhelming for me to try to help her be happy with every last detail. No pressure, Mommy!

1 comments:

Life is a Bonanza said...

Sounds like Olivia has inhertited mommy's eye for detail;)