This is my attempt to take pictures of the ultrasound print outs.
It didn't work very well but you get the idea!
This is her legs stretched out!
This picture did the worst at taking a clear picture. But basically she's flashing her bottom with the legs to the right and she is showing off that she's a girl!
For almost the whole sonogram she was folded in half but she was very wiggly too.
This print out shows the top of her head with the brain and her two little feet with her ten little toes all at the same time.
That's some flexibility!!
Getting to the ultrasound appointment was very stressful with bad traffic so we were 15 minutes late which meant our 30 minute session was only 15 minutes long. But we had so much fun seeing her!! I was so emotional! I was needing to see her!! It was so neat to see the four chambers of her heart! My favorite part is seeing the spine and little toes!! She was active and adorable!! When they got to the end and asked if we wanted to know the gender I said "YES". She showed us that it was a girl and my appointment was over.
Tom said that when the baby first came on the screen he thought "there is our little girl!" Tom has always had an impression at the ultrasounds. I have not been right with any of the kids. oh well
I had been prepping Olivia for weeks that it could be a boy or girl but she was insistent that she wanted a sister. This morning when I dropped them off at a friends house she said "when you come back you'll tell me if it's a boy or girl right?" I said "yes I would" So she said "If it's a girl I'll be so happy and if it's a boy I'll be so sad!" So part of my relief that it was a girl was that I didn't have to break the news to Olivia. When I got back and told her it was a girl she was singing and dancing "it's a girl, it's a sister, her name will be Ashley" Then when i got the kids into the van to head home she realized "oh that means Dylan won't get a brother." She was kind of sad for a moment so I explained that we will have more kids and Dylan might get a brother later.
I had some store cash so I wanted to go pick up a shirt that I had seen that said Little Sister on it. Of course they only had larger sizes which I wasn't wanting but Olivia quickly found other things to buy for the baby! It was SO CUTE to see her pick things out for her Sister. My challenge was not buying too much. Olivia and I had fun though!
Dylan doesn't really get it yet but he'll understand more as it gets closer.
The baby measured at 11 ounces and 19 weeks and 3 days along which is right on track!
I have been feeling her move for 3 weeks now but this week her kicks have become more consistent and stronger!
1 comments:
It's a girl! Yay! We're glad to hear everything is going peachy!
Post a Comment