Thursday, July 16, 2009

Olivia's 1st Day of School


Olivia's first day of preschool was a BIG success. No tears from Livie or me!! We both thought about it at separate points but we both held it together! She was so excited!! She didn't put her book bag down all morning and she is still sitting next to it just relaxing being home. Dylan was even so excited by her book bag that he had to wear his today too. Too CUTE!


Daddy took her school shopping and they came home with a Princess book bag and a purple note book!! ALL GIRL!



Here's my room!


Exploring her classroom!


Showing off her rubber band creation!


Checking out kitchen food and playing with her teacher Ms. Julie!!


Story time and then it was bye bye to parents!
Ms. Julie said she wasn't sad at any point in the day and even commented on Olivia's kindness in making sure all her class mates had all the toys they needed to play. Olivia is so good at being considerate of others!


Home and relaxing from the day!

Olivia was so excited to tell me all about who she saw today and all that she did! She got to see her friend Maddie on the playground and I think that was a BIG highlight! Then she also got to paint a picture purple by combining red and blue paint and that made her very happy too! She also knew one of her class mates from the library and dance class so that was a nice familiar face to get to see. They were so cute sticking together during singing and story time.
I was surprised that her class only had 2 boys in it and 9 girls. I would have thought they'd try to more evenly divide genders but that's fine. The boys seemed to have the hardest time settling into the room, poor fellas. I was so pleased with how well Olivia did. I think she is so ready and excited to start going to school. She only goes two days a week in the afternoons, so it's not too much time away from Mommy! I just keep telling myself that!

1 comments:

Stuff You Need To Know said...

What? School? Already? She's growing too fast! Wow, time flys! Way to go Olivia! We're glad you had a good time at pre-school!