Fall break has been a HUGE excitement for us...not only a break from school but an opportunity to do so much that you can't do during our school day.
Olivia has been telling us for some time that she didn't think she could see far away good enough and has wanted glasses. I didn't think the need was too serious so I wasn't going to pull her from her school day over it. So I scheduled her appointment for the first day of Fall break to get her in as soon as I could when she had a free day. The eye doctor was on the fence saying that she was border line. She could certainly use them for school work but that they weren't needed for at play.
The next day we headed to the Temple grounds and while there we went into the distribution center to look over scriptures preparing for Olivia's baptism in January. I have learned over the last couple of weeks that the church is phasing out (thus everything is on back order) their current line of scriptures and coming out with a new leather. They can't tell you when this will happen or how long their back order will be. I was very discouraged after calling Salt Lake. So let's just say when we walked into the distribution center and they had what Olivia wanted, could put her name on it on the spot, and it was a MUCH better price then Dessert Book we just got it. Olivia was thru the roof excited!!!
Then over the weekend we attended the Home Depot Workshop that is more of a carnival atmosphere in October. The kids were so looking forward to this months extra activities. The kids had a blast.
After this fun activity we headed to a glasses store and started to talk frames and cost for Olivia's glasses. She was having so much fun trying on frames. From here we decided to check out one more place to comparison shop. At the second location Olivia completely changed and we got home. Olivia laid down and said she didn't feel good.
By Monday morning I was taking Olivia to the doctor over strep throat. They took one look at her throat and said YEP she has strep. So for two days we stayed at home and recouperated.
Here is a fun picture of Dylan I took during these days at home after we made a floor puzzle together.
After these days at home the kids were ready and excited for playgroup at the Pumpkinland play area.
This is one of our FAVORITE Fall places and the kids were so pumped to play at all their favorite areas like the zip line, slides, mazes, and swings. Here are a some of our highlights....(my camera batteries died after just a few pictures so luckily a friend came to the rescue and took lots of pictures of my kids for me)....
I was so amazed at what a BIG girl Ashlyn was at doing everything brother and sister were doing. For the most part she needed no help and she was going to do it. It was awesome to see her so big.
Thank you Pumpkinland for another year of great memories!!
After such a big outing to pumpkinland I was very tired but we had more on our agenda so the next day we headed to the Magic House to try to get in some of the fun we missed out on when we went in September.
They had their new art studio open and let's just say it was WONDERFUL!!
We spent A LOT of time here and the kids had a table full of projects and this isn't even all of it. Other works of art were on their drying racks. After exhausting all that this area had to offer we headed to the Lego Sculpture exhibit. This was an eyes only exhibit but the kids loved it and they were very inspired afterward to go home and build from their imagination.
The last place we for sure wanted to play at was their outside area. It was a beautiful day and we had to go outside one more time before winter.
At first Ashlyn wanted nothing to do with the sand but as she saw sister and brother having fun she got in there too. Dylan was digging a Sarlac pit (from Star Wars) and told me that when he went back to school this is what he said he did over Fall Break. He had gone to the Magic House and made a Sarlac pit. So this was Dylan's highlight!
Mom was MORE then done at this point but the kids HAD to go upstairs and play in their advertised Lego play area so that they could build something with their imaginations. Olivia's is a Lego flower.
Dylan's Lego masterpiece had a very lengthy explanation about Star Wars some how. I'll let him explain it in this video.
After such a fun couple of days we got to enjoy getting to see Baby Tyler at 36 weeks developed. They estimated that he is 6 pounds 5 ounces and when born will be in the 8 pound range. Sounds pretty typical for our kids so I'm excited about that and my measurements that were once big have stayed the same so I'm back in the normal range.
Olivia was very attentive to the ultrasound and as long as you told her what she was seeing she was very eager to watch. Dylan paid attention for the first couple of minutes and then lost interest but when leaving the room said that it was so fabulous to see brother. Ashlyn really didn't understand so she quickly lost interest.
As I have already been having some braxton hicks contractions I was slightly dilated and we are just eager that we are in the last weeks of this pregnancy.
Doesn't he have the cutest nose?!?
This was the best picture we could get of his face but it is the cutest nose.
Both kids were so excited to take a picture to school Monday to show their classes their baby brother.
After our big day of seeing baby we waited for the evening to go see Tom's softball game. This is only the second time that we have had the opportunity to watch. The kids LOVE the atmosphere and the chance to play with their friends.
They split the games so now their record is 8 and 2.
They have two more weeks to play.
After such a busy week we had reached our second Fall break weekend and we knew that it was a good weekend to get our pumpkins for the season picked. We headed out early so that we could fit it in.
The girls wanted to ride and Dylan wanted to pull his own wagon.
Each kid picked out a pumpkin and Tom found the perfect one for him.
We found our pumpkins with just enough time to get Olivia on to her next activity. The Girl Scout troop got the chance to tour the local police station. I started to feel off on the way home from the pumpkin patch so Tom stepped in and took Olivia. I'm so glad that he did. The tour was behind and then a 20 minute tour turned into an hour tour. However, it was a wonderful experience for the troop and they learned so much.
I was quickly not feeling well and having very hard braxton hicks contractions. We were able to go celebrate a birthday and enjoy the rest of our evening but I was quickly going down hill.
Come Sunday I was exhausted and the braxton hicks were not letting up. In fact between 4:30 and 9:30 they were coming every 4 to 7 minute. I was very anxious and nervous about going into the hospital knowing that I didn't think this was real labor but knowing that this was becoming very intense. My parents came up Sunday to bring us something and just stayed for us to work this out. After we got the kids to bed Tom and my Dad gave me a priesthood blessing. Following the blessing the contractions backed off significantly and I settled in for the night. I knew that I HAD to take the next week much slower and proceeded to clear my schedule.
BUT it was an awesome Fall break!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment