Sunday, September 30, 2012

Quite the week

 The kids had a day off school this past weekend so we headed to the Magic House with some friends. 
There was a Lego exhibit opening up and I thought this was a great opportunity to see it...NOPE it didn't open until the next day. Figures. 
Oh well we still had LOTS of fun. I was tired and tried really hard to just keep track of everyone and sat down as much as possible.

 That evening I got to attend my first Friday evening experience of Time Out for Women. They came back to town and I will always go (if able) when they come to town!! This was my third time (first time that they also did a Friday night). The music and speakers are always AMAZING. Saturday morning my Mom came with me. The second day was even better then the first in my opinion! What a GREAT recharge!

A bit of a funny story during our week. On Tuesday we got several waves of thunderstorms that rolled through. The lightening and thunder were LOUD and constant. Well I was getting the kids from school and the thunder was constant and the rain was looming. As I picked the kids up Dylan told me that he had just heard the LOUDEST thunder ever and he was so astonished that he fell to the ground as if he was dead for one whole minute. Something to this effect anyways. Well I just busted up laughing because the word "astonishment" was my clue. Dylan was relating to the story of Alma the Younger (which is his favorite Book of Mormon story right now) when an angel comes and Alma the Younger falls to the ground in astonishment and it is as if he is dead. I just HAD the best laugh that Dylan was acting out this story with the thunder. 

That night the storms came and came but my kids slept great. They don't have a problem sleeping through storms. The next night OH MY GOODNESS.....for no reason whatsoever all three of them were wide awake at 3:30 AM. Once I got them all laid back down and I lay back down around 4 AM then baby boy is moving around so much in my tummy I couldn't fall back asleep. 4 for 4 - Our kids were all awake!
I am pretty sure Tom responded a few more times that night even. Oh it was a hard night. 

I got to work on some burp clothes for baby boy. I ended up with enough material to make two of each fabric I bought. I was just making these up as I went and this is how they turned out.




Another thing I thought I'd mention is that Ashlyn is in love right now with Diego! She begs to watch a movie and then begs to watch Diego. I love the way her little voice says "movie" and "Diego".

I had another doctors visit. Nothing new except for the fact that I'm measuring more on track so I'm less afraid that I'm going to give birth to a ten pound baby. 

Oh and Tom did get to play softball this week and they won both of their games!!! They were the late games and Olivia has been asking me for girl time so I told her she could stay up late with me. So we got the others into bed and then we crafted (she made beaded bracelets), we painted our nails, we looked up scriptures (Olivia is very excited to get her own in January when she gets baptized), and we watched Enchanted (a first time for Olivia). We were up until midnight so Daddy was already home and down stairs playing video games while he waited out the girls night. We had such a GREAT night together!!! I love my girl!!

0 comments: