Olivia was so excited for the day before her birthday because this was a FULL day of fun for her. Her class was celebrating her birthday. She got to bring in a snack of strawberry wafers (one of Olivia's favorite snacks) and have the class sing to her. She the below videos for how much fun that was. Dylan was such a hit with her class that they begged for him to stay for the last hour of school. Mommy admittedly refused to leave Dylan at school. I am not ready for that yet. August is going to come too fast for me.
Then after school Olivia had four friends come over for her Stay Up Late Hello Kitty birthday party. This was a night of crafting, singing, dancing, playing dress up and pretend, and watching movies.
Olivia decided she doesn't like cake and frosting (she really doesn't eat them much when she goes to parties) and so she wanted cookies instead. I was worried about how to get the seven candles that she still wanted to stay on these cookies but I worked out the timing as the cookie cools to stick the candles in and ensure they stay standing. It took a little trial and error but it worked!
Olivia's guests were Aubrie, Mady, Hannah, and Megan.
These girls were still going strong as their parents came and got them. I thought at some point they would settle down and watch the movies but they would watch for 20 minutes or so and be up playing again. So as the parents came to pick up the kids were so energized I was sure if they would just hold still they'd fall right to sleep. (The funny party is that after I got everyone into bed I'm the one who came out and feel right to asleep. I'm not sure whether I wore the kids out more or if they just wore me out.)
After the party we all crashed for a bit before getting ourselves into bed.
This is Ashlyn getting all tangled up in sister's balloons.
Mommy and Olivia snuggling in our Hello Kitty pjs!
This is one happy (day before) seven year old!!
Olivia went around for the next couple of days giving pinches for inches and asking to receive them too. She's going to grow very tall this next year if all these pinches add up.
1 comments:
Scottie fell apart his Kindergarten year when his teacher tried to give him pretend spanks. Unlike Olivia, he did not think it was funny. It was sad picking up a very distraught child from school that day, especially when it was his birthday. Glad she had fun.
Post a Comment