Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Strawberry Picking


We have been VERY disappointed in the strawberries at the store so far this season but our kids LOVE strawberries including Ashlyn. When I saw an ad for a pick your own strawberries I started plotting an upcoming family outing. We headed to our local farm and we had so much fun!


Trying to keep them working was a bit of a challenge but we ended up with a good amount.


Ashlyn sampled our work.



We found this toad and it was so funny because when I took his picture he had his back to us and then when I snapped the picture and looked up he was looking right at me. It was kind of startling. I guess he wanted to be photographed from the front.


We were done.


The kids remember this slide from the pumpkinland so they played while Daddy weighed and paid for the strawberries.


Dylan eating some on the way home.


Strawberries for dinner!!! YUM!!!
Kids approved!!

We got two dinners out of the strawberries and then I got to work and made 32 ozs of freezer jam. It was my first attempt and it was so simple and so delicious!!!

0 comments: