Saturday, December 12, 2009

Church Christmas Party


We got to spend the day with my parents because Dad had some continuing education in town. We were excited they could come to our church's Christmas party. Mom helped me decorate two of the dinner tables. Too bad I didn't take a picture if them. We liked them.

The entertainment for the dinner was a nativity scene by the Primary kids. We had Noah (5) and Olivia (4) as Joseph and Mary and then the other kids stood around them and sang three songs. Stars are Gleaming, Picture a Christmas, and Away in a Manager. It was cute. I was told that Olivia picked her nose through most of it. I was on the stage doing the lights and curtains so I didn't get to see the whole effect. I was able to watch a couple of videos Tom took of it. The kids were cute and some really got excited about being on stage.



After the nativity the kids lined up to see Santa.
We were at the back of the line so it was a long wait.



Olivia was so excited to give Santa some reindeer food she had just received from her preschool Christmas party. Told Santa the same things as the first one she saw at the beginning of December...she wants pretend makeup and she was nice this year.



Dylan walked up so excited I thought maybe he would sit on Santa's lap just like Sister had done. NOPE - big mistake. He didn't like that. I asked if Sister could sit with him....NOPE. So Papa came over and encouraged Dylan that he was okay. Then Dylan happily stood by Santa and told him he wanted trains. When asked if he was naughty or nice Dylan said "trains" again. Yes, Dylan is very into trains right now.


After seeing Santa you got to pick out a candy cane. Dylan tried to take the whole box. When told he could only have one he stilled tried to take the whole box. Finally he settled on one. Then as he walked away he turned and told Santa "bye". So cute!


resting with Papa


Ready to read from our Christmas book.


Hugs bye-bye.


Dylan got in on the hugs!!

0 comments: