Saturday, November 7, 2009

Our Week



Dylan made a very tall tower and started counting his blocks.
While we were playing with the blocks he held up an R and G and told me there where R and G. This really surprised me so I started quizzing him to see if this was a fluke or if he really knew these letters. To my amazement he got 7 letter correct and consistently. I don't know where that came from.


Dylan's block creation.
Dylan has been very into lining up his toys. The Parents As Teachers lady told me it was part of his normal development and its a stepping block towards math. who knew...


Olivia's block creation.
My favorite part is the colored bears all sitting in a half circle with one bear in the middle.


Colored Mommy a rainbow and then wrote her name and Mom on it to give to me. I hung it in my room so I could wake up every morning to Olivia's rainbow and writing. Her interest in drawing and writing is taking off and I love it!!


Reading a story to Dylan in his crib.


My week has been one of ups and downs. I have had several good days but I have also had some big lows. The kids are going through a hard stage of dealing with each other. So one day I felt like all I did was try to get them to leave each other alone and of course that didn't work. I consistently have the feeling that they aren't listening to me. I'm sure all Moms feel this way. Then to make my week worse I received my first ever traffic ticket. This sent me over the edge. After breaking down into uncontrollable sobs I told Tom I was very emotionally fragile right now. I can't even stand having a 10 cent library fine so getting a large traffic fine was a big deal to me.
The week ended well though with a trip to the temple!

0 comments: