Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our Saturday


We headed down to do the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure this morning. It was a very early morning and we really should have gotten there even earlier. The was so much to see and do just before the race started. Olivia was like "Mommy are you going to win the race?" Well not exactly that kind of race but once we crossed the finish line I told her we did it!! I have recently joined a Mom's Like Me site and so we entered under their team. So they LOVED it that we had a Dad on the Mom's Squad! It was a fun family event. The Mom's Like Me website is sponsored through a news channel in town and so the Mom's Squad stopped at the news truck and they took some footage of the team and I agreed to tape some comments. Dylan was so funny during the event. We let him hold a spray bottle fan. So people would randomly turn around and try to figure out where the water was coming from. Some where afraid it was raining. Nope its just a two year old boy with a spray bottle and fan. A lot of people wanted him to walk behind them the whole race. By the time I took the fan away. Dylan was soaking wet and his stroller was covered in water that I didn't have a towel to soak up. Let's just say he was very entertained during the event.


Just a few of the people we walked with.


a good view of the flood of people walking down the street


After the race we were given tickets to Dora Live by a really good friend when she ended up with extras. A chance to see Dora Live?? SURE!! Olivia was so excited to see Dora and we get into the theater and she says "when is the movie going to start"? So I said no this isn't a movie you are really going to see Dora and Boots on stage?? So Livie says "when is the movie going to start"? No, really the Dora is going to be up on stage!! Then the show started and an actual Boots comes onto stage and Olivia's face lights up and she finally understands what I was telling her! Pure excitement!! It's Great to see your kid light up like she did for the whole show. And then intermission hits and she's like "No, I don't need a break lets keep going!!" So the intermission was a very big inconvenience to Olivia and she just wanted to sit down and have the show start again. She LOVED it!! BIG Shout out to our friend Alison for the tickets!!

So what did I forget this morning??
MY CAMERA!!
Oh, it killed me to not get any photos at Dora. The race photos I got off of the Mom's Like Me website and then this Dora logo is all I could extract from the theater website. Sad Mom!

Then we had a friend's family over for dinner and they have 4 little girls!! Olivia was in heaven. She was so sad when they had to go home.
So it's 9:40 pm and Olivia says "where are we going to go Mom"? So Tom and I look at each other and we are thinking let's call it a day!

0 comments: