Sunday, May 10, 2009

Visit with Family


We were able to go to my parents this weekend and see my Sister's family while they were visiting. Olivia and Kenzie were so excited to play with each other. They spent the day completely entertained. And Caleb and Joshua enjoyed their Uncle Tom and all his computer games and common interests.


The kids played GREAT together.


Making Homemade Soap! My Mom and Sister have done this before so I wanted to see what it was all about and help so here they have me mixing the Lye with the water.
Dangerous Stuff
I didn't know what I had gotten myself into.
But the kids thought the goggles were very neat so they wanted to help and of course wear the goggles. The kids got to help measure out the olive, Castor, and coconut oils.



Livie Measuring the Castor oil


Mixing the oils and the lye water.


Pouring the soap in the mold. Somewhere along the line I turned from helper to photographer. I got to see the process and was quite surprised by it all. The soap will be cut into bars tomorrow and then will continue to set up for 2 to 4 weeks.


Enjoying Aunt Sarah before heading home.

Besides soap making I was also able to make some really cute angels out of ribbon that Sarah showed me how to make and Mom and I made up some essential oils to use with the kids. It was a very fun visit and a very long day!!

0 comments: