Friday, May 22, 2009

Baseball Game


So, any guesses what game we went to last night?


Cubs vs. Cards!!
This game will forever be known as the game Albert Pujols knocked out the "I" in Big Mac Land. We were just a little late to the game, so we were looking for our seats when we heard the crack of the bat, the crowd standing and roaring, and we looked out and saw the ball flying by, then peeked through the stands to see Albert trotting home. When we got to our seats we could see the Big Mac Land sign, and we noticed the "I" was out, but it wasn't until we saw the replay a couple innings later that we saw the ball had hit the "I". Free Big Macs for everyone who attended the game!! Thanks Albert. I was a little disappointed that we weren't a few minutes earlier or we could have actually seen the ball hit the sign. Oh well. For now they've decided not to fix the sign and hung another sign beneath it saying "Ouch! My 'I'!" Hilarious.

We were able to get the tickets for the game free but very last minute so we had Becca's parents come up and watch the kids for us (Big Thank You!!). The kids had a GREAT time and stayed up playing until we got home. It was a fun date for the two of us just before our anniversary. It had been 13 years since I'd last seen the Cubs play. Needless to say I'm disappointed that they lost 3-1 (they lost 13 years ago, too) and got swept in the series. There's always next year, right Cubbies???


On the way home (this time we didn't get lost in Illinois :) we saw a good view of the Arch from downtown, so Becca insisted that we get a picture. It's pretty fun being so close to it!

0 comments: