Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dance Class

This is Olivia's third dance class. She is really enjoying it. I haven't purchased the full out tap and ballet shoes yet (because we were just giving the class a try), but it looks like I'm going to need to find her some better shoes. I'm hoping to find some second hand or on clearance. The beginning of class is tap so they are on their tap boards and each have a tape marker to stay on. I'm amazed at how well Olivia stays right on her marker and doesn't move around in the room. And secondly I'm very impressed with how well Olivia pays attention and does what the teacher is doing. Sometimes people coming in and out of the room distracts her eyes but she is really doing a good job of following along.
Here her teacher went to each board and helped the girls learn the shuffle kick. SO CUTE!
After class Olivia announced to me that her favorite part was the march!




0 comments: