Monday, August 27, 2012

Getting into a routine...

 Ashlyn was helping Daddy. Doesn't she look helpful?

Ashlyn has adjusted to being just with Mommy during the day. At first she was very very attached to me and if I thought about walking away she HAD to come too. She went from being always around at least one of her siblings to being only with Mom. She has started to figure it out though and I can step away from her without her being concerned. 

This past week has been one of projects for me so I thought I'd share. 
Project #1 - a bleached shirt

 Project #2 - Ashlyn's one year scrapbook. I pulled all the stuff out that has been sitting in this house for I don't know how long and I was "focused" until it was done that evening.

Project #3 - Ashlyn's quilt.

All tucked in and snug. She loves it!!
I was so happy with the way it turned out. It took me about 4 hours. I have been scared of quilting ever since I made a quilt as a teenager. The main reason....the binding!! Well a friend made baby boy a quilt and from that and talking to her I learned a much easier way to bind quilts. So this was my attempt and I think it turned out great! The top material was pre-bought this way which I fell in love with so I simply assembled the quilt, tied it, and sewed the binding.

Ashlyn's speech is taking off and she is saying so many words. She says stuff like "Here you go Mommy", "Wait Mama", "Where Daddy Go" and other cute stuff like that. She says One, Two, Three, and Nine. She is starting to sing. Some of the songs you'll hear her "sing" are her ABCs, Winnie the Pooh, I am a Child of God, to name a few. It's not that she's really saying all the words it's that she's got the tune down and so her singing is saying things that sound like the words to the tune of the song. It's very precious!

My prenatal appointments are increasing from once a month to every two weeks now through September. October I'll go every week and in October they have scheduled me for another ultrasound. They say it's routine to check the baby's size etc as it gets closer. I don't know how routine this is since none of my other pregnancies have gotten an ultrasound for that reason BUT hey another chance to see the baby and show the kids the baby. I'm excited!!

Tom started a Fall softball league. It's a shorter season so they play two games back to back each night against the same team. Their first week they split the games by winning the second. Last week the other team forfeited so they go the wins by default. He is happy to still get to play through October. 

Olivia and Dylan are loving school. Olivia thinks second grade is much more serious and is having to adjust to the added work load. Dylan is barely being challenged by the work load of Kindergarten but he is having to adjust to being gone all day so that's fine with me if it's not that challenging work wise yet. 

Olivia started up dance a couple weeks ago, Girl Scouts starts tonight, and piano lessons for her and Dylan will start next week.

We are excited to continue getting into our Fall routine. I'm excited for some more Fall temperatures and some more cuddle/one-on-one time with Ashley! She is getting too big too fast as I know all to well with Olivia and Dylan.

0 comments: