Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Getting down to the Real Celebrating!!

 Ashlyn has been cleared of hand foot and mouth disease with barely getting it. We are so blessed that even though Ashlyn gets these horrible rash illnesses that her little body is so strong and she fights back like a champion!! So it's the next weekend and it's time to celebrate our July birthdays in the family, meaning Ashlyn, Papa, and Mommy!!
 Olivia and Dylan got some presents today too.  These two were the MOST impatient of everyone to get to open presents.




 Ashlyn's theme is hippos (she has a cute way of saying "hippo") and so Olivia and I decorated the cake like a hippo to match her t-shirt and balloon. Ashlyn wanted nothing to do with the cake. If you pushed it toward her for a picture she would say "NO" and push it away. We heard A LOT of "NO"s during the whole day. Ahh the TWOS! Good times for the parents.

 Cake? Not so much. 
Homemade ice cream? Yum Yum
 Then sister gave her a sucker and she was happy as could be.

 How Papa can stand literally to have Dylan stand on him I don't know.

Okay, so family party done. 
Time for the friend party. 
Concept - water games at the park.
 Ashlyn and her friends had a GREAT time getting water out of the buckets and playing at the park.
It was SO HOT! It was triple digits but the water made it bearable and there was a small breeze.
There was no one else there so when the water made it's way over to the play equipment we weren't bothering anyone and the kids learned first hand that when you get mulch wet it makes for a muddy, wet situation. I think they were having so much fun that nobody cared.







 water balloons

 ALL WET
 Singing Happy Birthday
 Such fun presents. I even got Ashlyn to sign and say Thank you!
Oh and she said "bubbles" for the first time as two presents had bubbles!!

After the party she tried really hard to stay awake but during the movie she feel asleep. If you look closer you'll see that she has one eye closed and one eye open. Something I noticed about Ashlyn that my parents said I would do too. I can't believe my baby girl is 2!!!
She has been for her two year check up and weighed in at 30 pounds even and as healthy as can be.

0 comments: