Olivia and Dylan had their FIRST piano recital on April 20th. They were nervous and excited!
Dylan played Baa Baa Black Sheep.
Olivia played Shoo Fly.
Papa and Grammy Lee came to hear the kids play!
We arrived a little early to let the kids practice their songs on the piano. The kids take lessons at home so besides playing on Grammy Lee's piano this was their first time playing on a different piano. Once I showed Dylan where middle C was he was good to go.
Dylan was the first up as he was the youngest one there. He had his song memorized and he started in so fast I didn't even have a chance to start the video, but you can see what I did get of video down at the bottom of this post.
Dylan announced Olivia and then jumped off the stage over the step that was there. He then asked me when the next recital was so that he could do that again.
Then it was Olivia's turn. She used her book and then about left it up there but we got it and got down so sweetly.
There were 32 pianists in total. Ranging for my 4 year old up to I'm guessing 17 year olds.
Here their teacher Miss Dusty is passing out certificates.
It took me a bit to realize Olivia didn't have any shoes on at this point.
All of students that performed.
Miss Dusty with the kids.
After pictures and everyone was pretty much done the kids wanted to play their songs one more time on the piano.
To celebrate afterward we went and got DQ ice cream.
Here is the video I got of each kids song!
2 comments:
Loved seeing this. Thanks for sharing. Dylan is such a handsome talented young man. He looked so big and proper up there. Wished you'd caught the jumping off the step on camera. LOL. Olivia did a beautiful job. No need to be nervous because she did great. Can't wait to see you guys. I expect a mini recital while I'm there.
Awesome kiddos! They did great! I remember my first (and only) piano recital. I think I was 15... and I was so nervous and unprepared. It was horrible. Probably why I managed to always have an excuse not to attend the other two recitals. Couldn't stand to be humiliated like that again. Now, in my later years I'd love to have a piano and get back to the keys... and maybe teach my husband a tune or two. (sigh) Some day...
Post a Comment