At Ashlyn's 4 month well visit she weighed in at 16 pounds 12 ounces. She is getting so big on us and has almost doubled her birth weight.
I love this next picture because it shows off her marshmallow rolls.
You can also see the birth mark on her tummy. The doctor called it a flaming nebula. She also has the very common angel kisses on the back of her neck.
She has rolled from her tummy to her back a handful of times but isn't consistent at it yet. She loves to smile and laugh but sometimes we really have to work for it. Her messy eyes have cleared up and she has been experimenting with sucking her thumb. She never has really cared much for the pacifier but sometime it does help her fall and stay asleep.
I started giving her solids. I started with rice cereal - no. Then I tried green beans - not much better of a reaction. So I thought maybe pears - again not so much.
She's all smiles before I start and then she gets really mad at me.
I've decided I'm going to stop trying for a week or two and see if when I try again her tongue reflex won't be more agreeable. Mostly she just uses her tongue to push it all back out. She doesn't open for the spoon and cries when she sees the spoon coming. We'll give it time.
I tease that she'll be a swimmer some day because of the way she kicks and flaps her arms all at the same time it looks like she's trying to swim.
She has always been happy in her baths but now she is starting to enjoy playing in them.
For some reason she likes to roll over for Daddy when Mommy's gone and then I get home and nothing. Tom took this video for me of proof that she rolled over for him. Daddy's little girl!
0 comments:
Post a Comment