Papa and Grammy Lee visited for an evening when Papa had some continuing education in town. The kids where in heaven with the opportunity to see family again so quickly!!
I got the idea to dip Ashley in the bath with brother when I was cleaning him up. I forgot to warn her about what was about to come and so the look on her face when I set her in was complete shock at what had just happened. I quickly apologized and got to washing her so the experience would be fast but of course I had to take some pictures.
I love the look of intensity on Dylan's face as he hold sister for this pic.
She never cried but she had a grumpy look during the process...
It's hard to hold a wet slippery baby who can't support themselves, dodge a 3 year old, and take a picture.Ashlyn was taken to the pediatrician for a check up today.
She is back to birth weight and is doing GREAT!
I talked to the pediatrician today about Ashlyn's frequent hiccups but was assured as she grew the problem would get better in a few months. I was thinking more like 20 years maybe but hopefully she won't take after me and her hiccups will settle down within that more normal amount of time.
I can't believe how fast 2 weeks has gone.
Thanks for the chocolate Aunt Melissa and Uncle Jeremy!
I've been told that Olivia is a perfectionist and this story is a bit of an example...Olivia proudly came home from school today announcing that she received a purple!! Purple is awarded for extraordinary behavior at school, green is good behavior (where everyone starts the day), yellow is you've been warned and lose some recess time, and red is bad behavior and you lose all your recess time. Must often its talking while the teacher is talking that awards bad behavior in Olivia's class so far. Anyways, from the first day of school Olivia told me she was determined to get a purple. I assured her that green behavior was great but she was determined to get a purple. As the first week went on she informed me that no purples had been given but she was still getting greens. She even expressed frustration that the boy at her table was holding their table back for table rewards and that that was frustrating her. She also expressed some frustration that while she knew she was a kind person she was worried that some of the other kids in class where kinder then her. We talked to her about not worrying about others behavior and focusing on worrying about herself and doing what the teacher had asked of her. Today, after only one week of school, Olivia proudly said she got purple for her behavior during nap time. This shocked Mom and Dad who have fought Olivia for three and a half years over naps, but she was so proud we just congratulated her!
Another cute story about school...on Olivia's second day of school the school bus did not properly let her off at her bus stop. It was a mixture of factors including the bus over shooting the stop, Daddy not close enough to catch up for that mistake, Olivia too far in the back of the bus and not familiar with the stops yet, and the bus driver not remembering who gets on and off where. Tom was able to catch the bus at a different stop and retrieve Olivia which is when she realized there had been a problem and she got very upset as were we. We spent the weekend assuring Olivia that we would do everything we could to solve the problem. She spent the entire weekend worrying about it and was very adamant that she didn't want to ride the bus home so that that would never happen again. Come Monday morning she seemed more calm and assured that all would be well and we put our plan into action...when Olivia came home she was overjoyed that all had worked out and announced her joy to me several times throughout that evening. One time she told me "I'm so happy that Heavenly Father, Mommy, Daddy, and the bus driver all took care of me." So precious!! As the first week as gone on her confidence has grown.
Olivia has already brought home A LOT of school work. It's so fun to see what they are working on. Today that BIG excitement was Spot (a dog) and his sight words. The two words they worked on this week is "me" and "blue". She has flashcards of these words and we are to continue to work on them at home. It's so fun to see how each worksheet and each lesson is so exciting to her. They rotate between P.E., art, and music and she is so excited for whichever day it's going to be.
We are both a bit worn out by the early mornings and the long days but it's been a good first week!
0 comments:
Post a Comment