As must of you know, I got word about my Grandma and rushed off to be with family. I may have not made it to my Grandma in time but I am holding on to the fact that I was able to tell her I loved her over the phone before she passed. So that weekend we all made plans back and forth the best we could and were there for each other. Plans got changed a million times but hey that's what a chaotic situation does to a family. I started to not feel well that weekend but I didn't think much of it. Well then Wednesday afternoon as I am frantically (because I just couldn't seem to think clearly) trying to get ready to fly out to the funeral I realize I'm more sick then I would like. But Thursday morning comes and I get on that airplane because I didn't have much choice if I wanted to be at the funeral. Well, let's just say its a good thing nobody was sitting beside me because I got sick. That was a very LONG flight. Then I had a several hour layover before finishing off the trip. When I finally got to where I was going I collapsed. The next morning it was established that I had a sinus infection and I was able to call my doctor and get a prescription. It was wonderful to spend time with family and to see all the extended family that I haven't seen in 10 years but I was miserable. I seriously looked like Rudolph the red nose reindeer and probably sounded like him too. But my family put up with me because that's what family does. Come Saturday there was no way I was getting back on an airplane so I drove home for two days with my parents!! We had a great time talking and I was so happy to not be in the air (my sinuses couldn't take it). Now I'm home and the family was so excited to have me back. They made me a welcome home banner that was so cute!!
Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts that you sent my way. I really appreciate it.
My Grandma IS a wonderful wonderful person and I am so glad that she is at peace right now. And I gain a lot of comfort from knowing that I will see her again and that she will always be my Grandma!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Back Home
Posted by us in a nut shell at 10:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment