Okay, being a home owner comes with a lot of random repairs that come up we were aware of that but we really weren't expecting to have a major water leak so quickly. I was teasing Tom that it has only been 2 1/2 weeks and I've already broken the house. So here is the story:
I was doing a load in the dish washer and as usual putting off cleaning the bathrooms. Finally I decided I had no more excuses so I got under the kitchen sink for the cleaning supplies to clean the bathrooms. WATER WATER everywhere. I freaked out!! I naturally called Tom right away and we assessed the situation. One of the connections underneath the sink was completely loose allowing water to freely flow out of the connection. Unfortunately I realize this as the dish washer has completed its full run. So I clean up all the water I can see and then go down to the basement to see if there is any water damage down there. Luckily all the water was coming into our laundry room and didn't damage any walls or carpet in the other rooms. So we open the basement window next to the water damage and turn on our attic fan which sucks air right through the wet area of the basement and up through the kitchen sink area. This lasted for a couple of days to get it all dried out. This is actually an area that we had the seller repair so we decided to call the repair man and make him come out and fix his faulty repair. He sent a guy out today and sure enough a whole section under the sink was installed backwards.
Tom and I have decided to look on this as a learning experience.
Let's hope we don't have to learn too much more before we even get around to making a payment on this house.
Friday, August 22, 2008
1st Water Leak
Posted by us in a nut shell at 8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yikes! Reminds me of when we moved into our place. Shortly after we moved in, rain showers moved into the area and they lasted for about a week straight. We had water leaks all over the ceiling. And yes, it destroyed the sheet rock. When the skies cleared, Jeremy hopped up on the roof to see where the leaks were coming from. Turns out the vents were in really REALLY tough shape. So we replaced them and fixed the ceiling and we haven't had problems since! Then, it seems like shortly after that, our water heater erupted on us and we had water all over the place in our laundry room....and yes, more water damage. So the utility guy came in and fixed that mess. Then we had a leaky sink in our bathroom...loose fixture. All my towels and things were wet. It was nice. Anyway, we haven't had any water problems in quite a while, but we had many suprises when we moved into this place. So, you're not alone. I think everyone runs into things like that. All I can say for you guys is WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! :o)
Post a Comment