Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Two Mouth Injuries Back to Back

Well, I haven't written in a while so I thought I'd update on what has been happening here. Let's see...Dylan and Olivia I think have to one up each other on injuries. So far they are very similar in what injuries they sustain. For example, Thursday night Dylan was playing in the bathroom after getting his teeth brushed and while I was brushing Olivia's teeth. Well Dylan crawls over to the bath tub but since there were dress up clothes drying on the side of the tub Dylan goes right down and hits his mouth hard on the tub. So he has a bloody nose and mouth. I'm freaking out because of the injury. Dylan was calm and bleeding stopped in about 10 minutes. We got it cleaned up and Dylan to sleep.

Okay - Olivia's turn. To not be out done by brother Friday night Olivia is playing in the bath tub. Again she falls and bloodies her mouth. Unfortunately she also knocked a tooth loose. So we do our research and determine that its not an emergency trip to the ER but that we needed to get it checked the next day. Well surprise surprise dentist in this area don't feel it necessary to work on a Friday (why I don't know). So I'm calling my dentist emergency line trying to get a response. Nope nothing. So 8 am Saturday my dentist calls back and assures me that the tooth will be fine and that I don't need to be seen.

I have to add that three days later you couldn't even tell that the tooth was injured. It is sligthly forward then it was before but it is all healed up.

This is also the same day of calling and calling my dentist that we received a bill for Olivia from a doctor visit that Olivia never attended. Of course I receive my mail right after the offices closed for the day so I had to be mad about this mistake all night long. So I call the doctors office the next day and say okay you have the wrong Olivia. They looked into it and yes they billed the wrong Olivia and my Olivia did not have a test for an STD. Kind of a big mistake in my opinion!!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, an STD test. That is crazy. At least that made it very obvious it was not your Olivia.

I am glad Olivia's tooth is OK and that Dylan wasn't too phased by the whole thing. Those mouth injuries bleed and bleed. It is sure a scary thing for us parents.