Olivia is doing a great job at learning to use the potty. She filled up her Potty Chart last night and got the ABC Learning Book she picked out from the store. She gets the typical sticker and candy rewards after each success. One of her suckers was blue and made her mouth blue. Olivia thought it was so silly. Mommy stocked up at Halloween for just this occasion. Olivia trick or treated 3 times and Dylan got candy too that mostly all got saved up for Olivia's potty training days.
During Olivia's first couple of days I could tell how frustrated she was getting. She wouldn't go on the potty so she didn't get her rewards so she'd go into her room and close the door. Very unlike her so I'd wait a minute or two and follow (certainly not wanting any accidents to occur in her room or on her bed) and I'd find her on her bed under her blanket. I'd ask her what she was doing and she'd say "I'm sad I don't get a sucker." Then after her first success she said with the best smile "I'm so happy!!!!"
Olivia is so cute now that she knows when she needs to go. She'll announce "I do it" and get this big grin on her face OR if you aren't looking right at her (she must have your full attention) she'll say "look at me". Olivia is very proud of her Cinderella and Ariel panties and loves to show us.
Olivia and I took our first outing today and were successful in no accidents while we were out and about. So say a little prayer for Olivia in her learning. She is doing great!!!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Olivia is Potty Training!!
Posted by us in a nut shell at 2:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment