Saturday, November 15, 2008

Bowling


Olivia posing with her ball for a picture!


Group Hug
This is Olivia and two of her friends Amanda and Lane giving a BIG hug to each other.
Hugs where being passed out freely as each of them were very excited.


Livie liked to slowly push the ball to the end of the flat part and then give it a little push and let gravity do the rest.


cheering her ball along


Dylan's turn to push the ball


coming to give Mom high five


he would turn and clap and cheer after each turn


Our Friday playgroup headed to the bowling alley. We have a kid friendly one nearby and I was a bit hesitant thinking - Can my age of kids really bowl? Well with a handy thing called a ramp they can!! This was a very fancy place that even popped the bumpers up for the kids and popped back down when it was an adult's turn. This ramp thing was very easy to move out of the way so that the adults could bowl too. We only did about 6 frames before our time was up but the kids had a blast. They were so excited and hugging and cheering for their friends as they bowled. Dylan thought it was great and was right in there trying to do everything too. I don't think they expect kids as small as Dylan to bowl because the smallest shoes they had where 3 sizes too big for Dylan but he didn't care. I even got in on the bowling fun. It has been 7 years since I last bowled and boy did it show. I guttered by first 4 frames but then came back with a spare so I felt redeemed. The kids had a blast so that was the point and this is something we will definitely be doing as a family soon.

0 comments: